Sunday, August 30, 2009

Your gift- think about it

Today has been a tough day with my own kiddos. I have been challenged more than I want to be, and am excitedly awaiting my husband's return home from a Bachelor Party. I have had to bite my tongue for fear I would say something unkind, or react to fast and regret it later. But I have been pushed every which way I feel like a top spinning around and bouncing off of every surface I come into contact with. But I keep moving on...

Now why do I write that here- my blog for Baby Boot Camp? Because I know every one of YOU have had a day like this too. You LOVE your children but are ready to buy a one-way ticket to Hawaii. You want to take a bath and have the door stay locked and know the kids understand if the door is locked it means "do not enter". You are trying to do bills without a sweet little body hopping up and attacking the keyboard in your lap. You are ready to not repeat your request 10 times before the action is done, and have it be done without a tantrum or whining. Today is a day I have to believe is a gift though....it let's me know how strong I am as a Mom and attempting to keep it together.

I have had quite a few times today of taking 5 big breaths before my next action, using my patient voice when wanting to YELL, consoling my little ones when wanting them to come and console me as I clean up the 100th mess of the day. But I have realized also how far I have come with my two sweet girls and while today has been rough, I need these days to truly test my own comfort zone in parenting. I am grateful for every day as an active and able bodied 33 year old gal, and even more grateful for having my two little blessings. AND days like today, where I went to church with my blessings- who blessing 1 whined loudly and for a looooong time she didn't have her legos with her and only had Barbies' (yes in church) and blessing 2 who tossed her pacifier two pews ahead with a loud screech, are the days I am grateful and honored to have been given them.

My little Blessings make me work harder, try harder, and understand how truly precious life is. They give me more strength to honestly be the Mom they can look up to, just as I do mine. The Mom they know loves and adores them, but also who loves and adores her life and gifts she's been given. I hope you have these days sometimes too. They truly test your patience and understanding of Motherhood, and give you the gumption to go full force and work harder at being the best person possible. Not only for your kiddos and family, but for yourself.

Best-

Erin

No comments: