Friday, February 27, 2009

Check out Walk About


I often write articles for various health, fitness, and family magazines. Walk About, a bi-monthly magazine about walking as a sport and how to incporporate walking as a form of exercise into your routine, is one of them. Last week I was asked to be on the cover of the magazine because my article is the feature article for the March/April issue. Needless to say I was flattered beyond belief and excited to incorporate the kids into the photos.

Upon arriving to the photo shoot at Grant Park, Makenzie was beaming from ear to ear. She asked if Emerson would do exercises with her, how many pictures we would be taking, what activities we should do, and so forth. The photographer, Randuz, was great and at first wanted me to "look tough". I tried, and we took a lot of photos. Being serious is not easy for me when looking straight into a camera lens.

My friend Sheri, and her son Noah, came to play and help with the girls. The kids were great and played, laughed, ran, and after 2 hours asked if they could "pllllllllleeeeeaaaaaaaassseeee go to the swings". At that point Randuz asked them to race up the stairs and I can chase them. That was the magic photo and fits the article to a T.

When you are out and about in REI, Title Nine, Fit Right NW, New Seasons or any other active and healthy location take a peak. You might see a copy of Walk About and smile since you know the cover models.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see a supermodel career in your future! :) Congrats on the cover! You are an amazing woman and should be very proud of all you do to help other women!!! YOU ROCK!!