Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Kicked Off a Swing- 3.8.08

From the Baby Boot Camp Portland & Beaverton Newsletter-
Kicked Off A Swing


I feel like I am in Wallace Park on a big swing pumping my legs and soaring high on the joy of the past weeks- a new baby girl, a business that brings me joy, a husband who is as excited as I am to teach Baby Boot Camp, goofy and sweet "big girl" and the spring flowers in bloom. But * BOOM * getting pushed off by a bully in the park.

Three weeks ago I was on the path to a sweet recovery from the c-section and getting the 2 munchkin juggle down. Boom the bully came and pushed me off the swing. Makenzie got sick and stayed home from school for one week. Had to start all over again. So I hop back on the swing soaring and pumping my legs with more vigor than before. Makenzie is back in school and I had quiet newborn mornings with Emerson. BOOM the bully pushes me off again! My back goes out, and I get the "flu crud " so I actually take a couple days in bed and enjoy lame movies. Then I attempt to get back on the soaring swing and BOOM BOOM BOOM the nastiest bully in the park pushes me off. That bully has the name of Pneumonia for me and RSV for my 6 week-old Emerson. I was admitted to the ER and then had to stay in the hospital for 3 days while Emerson was being nursed at home by Jack and my Sister, Robbie. The problem is the bully doesn't realize who he is messing with. Now I am mad, ready for payback, and eager to pump higher than ever before. I have hopped back on the swing with others behind me pushing me as high as can go. I won't let this dang bully push me off again, because I will definitely be pumping away fiercely.

In the meantime, while I am attempting to pump my legs to health, I encourage all of you to do the same. When you get pushed off the swing, which we all are at times, hop back on stronger than before. They say what breaks you down makes you stronger, so heck, we in Baby Boot Camp are making you stronger in class to prep for those times you break down. Cheers to all of you to keep exercising and running for me, while I am attempting to be healthy in beating this pneumonia and RSV bully.

A healthy St. Patrick's Day "Cheers" and know a pint of Guiness does every body good!

No comments: