Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Biggest Challenge

Here it is, only 2 more weeks of the Baby Boot Camp BIGGEST Challenge. How are YOU doing with your Challenge goals? Are you feeling ready to blast out the next two weeks and get to that next level? Are you ready to charge through and make these 14 days count? I know I am ... with the last two weeks finally able to get on a regular schedule post hospital craziness I am more than motivated. So in the time of motivating YOU to work harder, you are encouraged to do:

3 x 10 Rainbow push Ups
3 x Plie Squats with 10 count pulses in the low squat position
4 x 30 second crab walk followed by 4 x 15 Tricep Dips

As I have gradually come back to class the past two weeks, it has struck me that some Moms think the workouts are always easy for the instructors and I. We are definitely a determined bunch, and eager to make each workout more challenging than the next, but we have days and weeks where the workouts kick our fannies too. AS I am attempting to get back to my 100% pre-new10 week old baby body and pre -pneumonia self I have found myself more challenged cardiovascularly than I imagined I would be. I was doing hill repeats last night and I felt my lungs needing to get strong again. When doing 5 sets of push ups with chest flies, I was shaking toward the end. On Saturday there were two Moms in class who said "It is good to see you sore too", with smiles. It was said in a sweet way and I laughed back," I am just like you but my business is fitness. I, too, am a new tired Mom all over again". That reality is what helps set the Baby Boot Camp Team apart from other Personal Trainers...we get it. We are all athletes and love our jobs training you, but we also get "it".

ON that note, I have to go so my rainbow push ups, plie squats and crab walks before bed so I don't get in trouble with myself.

No comments: