Saturday, September 5, 2009

With CHANGE Comes New Adventures

With CHANGE Comes New Adventures

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." - President Barack Obama

Fall always reminds me of the excitement and anticipation that comes with a new school year. It reminds me of eagerly looking through the Macy's weekly to see the latest school clothes, getting new notebooks and pencils for class, the bubbling in my belly about the newness that lie ahead. I was one to be excited for the new school year, but also was a bit nervous of the changes that it could bring. I feel like that kid again now.
April 9th, 2005 - Grand Opening of Baby Boot Camp
Baby Boot Camp Grand OpeningSeptember marks my transition with Baby Boot Camp to a new owner, Stephanie Summers, who is incredible. I started Baby Boot Camp when Makenzie was shy of one, and now on September 8th, I will be walking her to Kindergarten. Time flies! When I began, I had no idea what lie ahead but jumped into the adventure with both feet. We had only lived in Portland for 8 months and I knew a handful of people. Now here I am searching through my folders of Baby Boot Camp information, but keep catching myself sorting through the photos. The real reason why I worked so hard building my business- YOU!

YOU had faith that a class allowing you to exercise with your child was a great fit for your lifestyle. YOU had hopes that this short spitfire would put you through a workout, but also work with your various needs and keep you challenged. YOU had openness and excitement to try new exercises and drills making you look silly, but feel incredible and energized. YOU had hopes of classes meeting your needs and opened yourself up to exercising in a group instead of solo. YOU truly kept me determined to work and keep classes going despite unexpected challenges with locations, rental increases, or wild weather conditions. I am beyond grateful for YOU.

Now it is time for a new change, and I am again bubbling with excitement for the next adventure. I am passing my "torch" of Baby Boot Camp Portland Metro, and will be launching my new business of small group training and boot camps. A business that will keep me on my toes in a new realm; one that allows me to work with veteran Baby Boot Campers (and their partners) who don't have babies anymore or are back to work. It will encompass workshops, fitness writing, and focus on early morning classes. A business that allows me to try a change and grow with it. I will still be teaching some classes and working with Baby Boot Camp, but am now the Director of Fitness Programming for the company. A position that allows me to help Franchise Owners further develop their knowledge of the health and fitness industry and create even more challenging and inclusive classes for YOU.
Emerson and Makenzie at Laurelhurst Park
Emerson and MakenzieIt is incredible when looking back over the past 4 1/2 years...I had no idea what lie ahead but was excited for the ride. Now, as I switch gears, I can't thank you enough for being on the journey with me.

Erin and Jack
Cheers!!!!!

Erin, Jack, Makenzie and Emerson Shirey


Erin and Jack at Grant Park

No comments: